The following areas of the Disc are unusually dangerous; new players should take note, and avoid them.
- Assassins guild: Non-members will find that wandering in the southern back rooms can provide a fatal blow to the heart.
- Docks: swimming can get you killed, if your load is too heavy. In this case, dropping equipment will help to surface, sparing a life.
- Quarry lane: Killing a troll there is not a good idea as the residents might be around the corner waiting.
- The Shades: It is always dark, usual directions become irrespective numbers and creatures are very tough.
- Gloomy Forest: Adventurous sorts will find that straying off the path can result in a close encounter with the giant spiders.
- Djelibeybi: Cats and priests are both sacred in this city. Attacking them is a ticket to the ancient and highly cultural pits full of crocodiles.
- Pekan Ford: It is wise to just run past the numerous wolves.
- Ramtops: A step off the path can often result in a lethal fall.