|Delusions of Grandeur|
Delusions of GrandeurEdit
Headology in its supreme form, this spell. It primes an object to expect people to Believe that it is a magical talisman. The spell does not actually make the object a talisman, it merely awakens it to the possibility and paves the way for it to become one. Once the object is thus primed, pandering to its newfound ego is required; this gives it enough Belief to latch onto and eventually attain full fledged talisman-ness.
After the spell is cast, the object must first be given a reputation. Referring to it by this reputation and most especially showing the object off will then soothe and reassure it enough that it may eventually become a bonafide talisman. This process takes Some Days and, while the object's resolve may be strengthened by repeated casting of the spell, the passage of a certain amount time is required. If it is neglected, on the other hand, the poor little object will eventually give up on its efforts.
Note that anyone may give the object its reputation by using the 'dub' command, not only the witch who Deludes it. Likewise, anyone may pander to its fragile ego. Note also the two syntaxes for the 'dub' command; the first actually gives the talisman a Proper Name which it may eventually show off proudly, whereas the second gives it a reputation by which one may refer to it but that isn't as obvious to onlookers.
Costs and ComponentsEdit
- Guild Primaries
- Other Skills
- May be learned from Granny Weatherwax
- 150 levels of
Please put focus tea research on the talk page of this article.
- cast Delusions Of Grandeur on <object>
- dub <object> "<Proper Name>"
- dub <object> my <adjective> <object>
- An item must be Deluded in order to be Bonded.
- The levels of Deludedness are:
- It has a faint octarine shadow about it that disappears if you look at it squarely.
- It has a faint octarine shadow about it.
- It has an octarine shadow about it that flickers occasionally out of the corner of your eye.
- It has a flickering octarine shadow about it.
- It has a flickering octarine haze about it.
- It has the hazy octarine sparkle of a magical talisman.