One of the most common natural talismans, in the sense of being accepted as such among all races, is a stone with a natural hole through it. This is sometimes referred to, although not within earshot of any man, as a "hag stone" and is recognised as symbolising the female genitalia. By virtue of this, such stones are considered to have great power.
The imbue command lets you store the magic of a spell in such a stone, given that you know the spell and that the stone has not already been imbued. Your success is determined by your bonus in magic.items.talisman compared to the level of the spell, and imbuing will cost the same number of magic points as it would cost to cast the spell being imbued.
Some spells may also be imbued into magick crystals, which harness the energy of the spells and bestow their effects on any person who then wears the crystal. Or so some say, at any rate.
Needed to performEdit
- A small hag stone for a spell (for storing it)
- A large hag stone for a Trick
- A clear crystal for a spell (for using it)
- The GP cost of the spell or trick
- An additional 50 GP for a small crystal or 100 GP for a large one.
- You must also be able to cast the spell in question.
- for imbuing
- may also be needed? Confirmation needed.
You suddenly realise you know more about it.
10 levels of
- Imbue <crystal> with <spell>
- Imbue <stone> with <spell>
- See the crystal and hag stone articles for more info like levels of imbuedness. Imbuement. Fullness. Whatever the word is.
Command Type: Guild